Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Tuesday, December 23, 2008

For Service, Punch Option 84. Let Me Repeat That In Spanish...

Here it is two days before Christmas and we’ve spent the last six days trying to reach AT&T to get our telephone working again. Their shabby system causes us to investigate dropping AT&T altogether and going with a rival cell phone company.

My dealing with AT&T brings to mind this cartoon:

On the up side, Ginny and I finally put up our outdoor Christmas display. Smaller than usual, but we got it up in time for Luminary Night. Sunday night we walked for three hours enjoying lights and decorated homes.

Here’s a photo of Ginny adjusting our little display

Being anchored to the house for six days waiting for the telephone repair man to show up has put a crimp in my Christmas activities. And while I practice hostage negotiations with the phone company, I also struggle with the problem of where my own work should go from here.

Talked with my friend Barbara White at Dave’s Diner yesterday about knowing the will of God. Barbara pointed out that I do not have to know what to do next, I just have to decide what to do next.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 4:29 AM

4 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Amrita said...

Ginny 's display is really neat.
You guys can leave your ornaments and stuff outside your house.Here they would be stolen right away.

In India our church services take place on Dec 25th. Some churches mainly Catholic have watch night services.

Merry Chritmas to Ginny and you.

 
At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
This is John.
I've written a couple of things for the Christmas season... but, after our phone service got restored, the computer will not let me post them!

And, it does not look as though I can get help till after the holidays.

I'll get back online when I can. Meanwhile, the world will just have to manage to get along without me.

I'm really, really sorry.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger agoodlistener said...

I like that--You don't have to know what to do, just decide what to do.

Merry Christmas to you and Ginny and your family!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Felisol said...

Dear John C,
It is simply amazing that people all over the world are stuck in their homes waiting for a crafts man to pop up.
My aunt told a similar story yesterday about an electrician.
Image the scandal if a firefighter, a policeman or a dentist or a doctor used six day to keep an appointment.
How come certain groups keep getiing away with a behavior like htat.
Ugh.

Ginny's outdoor decoration was nice.
I hope by his time you all are enjoying your Christmas dinner.
BEST WISHES FROM fELISOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home