Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'll Keep The Car Today

The repair shop called saying the pool pump can be picked up today…

So, I need get dressed to drive Ginny to work with a fruit salad for Boss’s Day, drive to the motor shop, the post office to pick up a package, to Wal-Mart for pool chemicals, to the mission to deliver clothes to poor people, and to the book store.

Somewhere in there I need to get by the bank to get cash to pay for all this stuff and a gas station so it won’t conk out while I’m running around.

And, depending on how things go, I may need to drive by the fire museum (not sure about that side trip yet).

Then I drive back home, change clothes, apply the chemicals, re-attach the pump motor, change out the filter, fill the bird feeders, climb a ladder to remove books from top shelves and pack them for a second trip to the book store, shower, shave and get dressed again to go pick up Ginny again. Then come home and cook our dinner—or maybe eat out.

I hate days when I have to have the car.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 4:51 AM

1 Comments:

At 3:17 AM, Blogger Felisol said...

Dear John C,
Lucky man, you have a driver's lisence. I never had. Feel I am too shortsighted to drive. I even managed to drive down a child with my bicycle when I was a child myself. An scary experience.
I drive my bicycle now and then anyway.
Poor hubby Gunnar has to to all the car-fetching stuff. He even brings me around...
Neither do we have a pool. Norway does not invite to that kind of
outdoor activities.The bathing season is four months at most, for the toughest of us.
I am rather tough. Swam in salt water holding a temp. about 12 Celsius degrees.
My arthritic limbs did not like it though.

I find those days when the days when all those long due chores are finally done contenting, in the evening that is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home