Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Thursday, March 20, 2008

Jesus Rose or Rotted

Easter approaches and I hope to finish painting before Sunday.

The problem with Easter is that it comes but once a year.

The root foundation of the Christian faith is that Jesus is Lord of life proven by His resurrection from the dead.

He rose or He rotted.

If He rotted, nothing He said or did counts for anything.

If He rose, nothing except for what He said or did counts for anything.

If He’s dead, he’s dead. He’s just another 180 pounds of worm food — Like the rest of us.

But if He lives, then not only does He live for ever, but He lives each and every day and is with us as much on Groundhog Day as on Easter.

Anyhow, with Easter approaching and painting still to be done, I’ve been around and around our house on a ladder painting odd crannies. And I’ve crawled around and around our house on my hands and knees clearing roots and painting foundation brickwork. Now it’s time for the walls.

This job proved harder than I expected. My hands cramp, my back aches, my knees hurt. My arms grow stiff…

I’ll swear, I feel like a 70-year-old man!

But I’m still young yet; I won’t even be 69 for another four months.

My beloved Ginny is taking a few days off work to enjoy a long weekend together — not painting! To focus on time with her, I plan on not making journal entries again till one day toward the middle of next week.

Jesus will still be the living Lord of Life then too.

Yes, at His right hand are pleasures forevermore.

We can relish His presence and enjoy His comfort and wonder at His will and rejoice in His springtime, and we can experience love.

Unless, of course, He rotted in the grave.

Then we can eat hard-boiled eggs.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:59 AM

6 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Margie said...

haven't visited in awhile! Great post. He rose.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Wes said...

Great picture. Either he rose, or Easter is just a pagan holiday with no meaning while we wait to be carrion for vultures.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Amrita said...

Jesus rose and you are living proof of that.

Painting is such hard work, I really admire you for doing it.

Happy Easter.

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Career Guy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger agoodlistener said...

Happy Easter, John!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger agoodlistener said...

That removal was me--I had logged in under my old ID.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home