Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Sunday, March 11, 2007

Will The Real 4 a.m. Please Stand Up

The time changed at 2 a.m. this morning.

I missed it because last night I fell asleep in my chair in front of the tv and slept late.

Usually I get up between 3 and 4 a.m. but when I woke this morning the clock read 5 a.m. That means I'd slept two hours later than usual; but the tv weather guy said we were supposed to lose an hour's sleep last night.

So I wonder if the time moved back, when I really did wake up, was it really at 4 a.m. or 5 a.m. or maybe really at 3 a.m.?

I give up!

In a few minutes I’m going back to bed and when I get up next I’ll solve the time problem — I’ll just ask Ginny what time it is.

Tomorrow the judges for the 2007 Blooker Award will announce the finalists. I view this event with anticipation and apprehension.

The 2007 award is for books published in 2006, but they must be based on blogs, and the book I entered features my 2005 blog???

The heck with what time it is — I get confused about what year!!!

I feel that I was presumptuous even to enter my book, A Dirty Old Man Goes Bad, in competition with dozens of fine writers.

My writing has never won a prize…

No. That’s not right. One of my magazine articles did get a 4th place award for being an inspirational piece once. But I didn’t enter it, it was selected at random be a panel of magazine editors and I knew nothing about the contest till after it was all over.

But with this Blooker thing I suspect that I’ve made a fool of myself by putting my work forward for their consideration… Remember the old tv Gong Show?

Oh Well, our times are in His hands.

We’ll see what happens.

Tomorrow.... Sometime


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 7:13 AM

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Blogger Pat said...

I'd say the cover of your book alone is worth the Blooker Award.
I have no idea what time it is either but now I can look forward to longer daylight hours to plow the north 40 acres....or whatever reason it is to change our clocks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home