Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Monday Disappeared

My friend Barbara just began keeping a blog in January. Her site is well worth visiting, especially the post she wrote for February 16, Silence In The Exam.

That post looks at why God remains silent when we go through tough times, when we feel we need Him most.

A pertinent subject for today.

Over the weekend the husband of one of Barbara’s friends died tragically and abruptly.

His funeral was held Monday at a large metropolitan church. He was renowned in the community and many mourners, friends, business associates and media dignitaries attended the service.

Because handicapped parking came at a premium, my friend Barbara, who has to get around with the aid of an aluminum walker, asked me to drive her to the door, drop her, bring her car back to my house, then come pick her up again after the funeral.

While I was doing this, my daughter Jennifer came over to my house to use my computer and visit. We talked a long time about various things going on in her life.

Between driving Barbara to the funeral and visiting with Jennifer, my Monday disappeared into the ether.

PS: Only days left till March 17th and since in the past I have received a fair number of e-mails from teachers and folks who are preparing lessons or presentations, here is an advance link to an article I wrote a few years ago about St. Patrick Of Ireland. The article quotes often from the only book Patrick ever wrote, a book which greatly influences my own devotion.

This article means a lot to me because of the circumstances of the writing which I explain in a note about the death of my father and the birth of my youngest daughter at the end.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 4:29 AM

1 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger Pat said...

That's an excellent name for your daughter, I'm quite fond of it myself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home