Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Friday, October 06, 2006

I Am Master In This House!

As you know, yesterday’s post was interrupted at 5 a.m. when the mousetrap snapped.

The filthy beast broke its neck and died.

Here is a photo of the vile creature and the trap that killed it just before Ginny disposed of the body and re-set the trap.

Ginny disposed of the dead rat?

Darn right!

Let’s get this straight. I am brave, strong, handsome, and pure-hearted.

I am the head of this house.

If the car stalls, I jumpstart it.

If the drain stops up, I unplug it.

If firewood needs chopping, I chop it.

If Ginny needs loving, I love her.

If someone needs prayer, I pray for them.

If the lawn needs edging and mowing, I cut it.

If the all the windows need washing, I wash them.

When the world intrudes, I chase it away.

I wear the pants around here.

I am patriarch of the family.

I am Lord of this Manor.

I am Head of the House.

I am King of the Castle.

I am Master of the House — but I don’t do rats!

They terrify me!

---

On a serious note: Word came last night that Sandy, the 17-year-old girl I wrote about in my September 15 blog, was likely to be dead this morning. It was just too much for her young body to handle. Thank you for your prayers and concern.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 4:36 AM

8 Comments:

At 7:11 AM, Blogger pai said...

The perfect team - you kill it, she disposes of it. :)

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Donald said...

More Mouse information on Wikipedia.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Pat said...

I can't think of a lovelier place for that mouse...I despise those nasty vermin!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

I am not keen on rats. Something about them horrifies me, too.

I'm very sorry to hear about Sandy. It is especially sad when a young person dies.

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just think of that poor defenseless creature.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Career Guy said...

Lasat year we had a bout of mouse in the food storage room up at church. They had had a field day munching on pasta, polishing off bag after bag. We had no qualms about exterminating brother mouse in that case. Oh hey--you know what they use in rat poison, right? Coumadin (warfarin)--the same anticoagulant that I take every day for my heart. Comforting thought.

 
At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to think I'm weird but I am jealous that you GOT your creepy critter! I never caught the mouse who brazenly entered my manor!

I was planning on posting photos of the carnage -- and still will -- if I'm successful.

We're getting a lot of rain and a cold snap here so I'll get my chance again!

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dad, that one is littler than the one on 9th street. now that was a rat, this is a speed bump of a mouse. today patricia took me to one of the most beautiful places on earth - the butterfly garden here in gainseville. i need to get one of those digital cameras so i can send picutres. a black and white butterfly fell in love with me, he perched on my leg thinking i was a flower, he flew away and then came back to see if i had turned into a flower yet. we were invited to a seven deadly sins party but thought that probably was not a good idea, we would catch more than butterflies. ha-ha. love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home