Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Heavens Declare

Sunday’s temperature of 92 degrees set a record high, but by Monday night that temperature dropped to 39 degrees for a low with an expected high of only 72 degrees today. A cold front passing through brought about this change.

As I ate breakfast at Dave’s Diner, from my booth at the window I saw the cold front moving through the sky. When I got home, I picked up the camera Donald gave me and went down to the railroad tracks for a clearer view of the heavens.

Here is a snapshot showing the distinct lines of the cold front as Winter came to Florida:

Unfortunately, my camera will not catch the full panoramic view of these straight lines of clouds running from horizon to horizon straight as the shining railroad tracks

Every evening after dinner Ginny and I read a few Bible verses following a systematic scheme through the Scripture; Monday evening’s reading came from the Nineteenth Psalm:

The Heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament sheweth His handiwork.
Day unto day uttereth speech;
Night unto night sheweth knowledge.
There is no speech nor language
Where their voice is not heard.
Their line is gone out
Through all the earth,
And their words to the end of the world.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:05 AM

4 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger bigwhitehat said...

It is football weather my friend.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Seeker said...

Almost TOO cold for football, even.

That's a great picture. I can feel the cold front.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger pai said...

I love the song I learned based on that psalm. Thank you for the reminder.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Real Life in South Carolina said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...Cold front, eh? A Florida cold front sounds nice right now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home