Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Funniest Blog I Ever Wrote

Last night I wrote the funniest blog I’ve ever written.

It involved a friend Ginny and I care about.

Ginny and I practically rolled on the floor laughing when we read it over together.

Then we got to talking. Although my entry was the funniest thing I ever wrote, it might hurt our friend’s feelings.

I erased it.

That was painful.

Very painful.

I hated to do it.

It’s harder for me to live Christian than to write Christian.

Damn!


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 4:54 AM

6 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Pat said...

Good point...living it is the challenge, but you did well, you spared possible hurt feeling, even if it was the funniest blog you ever wrote.
I'm sure you'll come up with even funnier ones that won't hurt any one's feeling...I'll be checking back for that one.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Sara said...

that's so awesome, i've been considering this very issue...blogging is a dangerous medium if we don't think carefully. good post.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

Oh, I know - doing the 'right thing' can be so dull!

Ultimately, you'll feel better for protecting your friend rather than merely entertaining your readers for a few minutes. But you already knew that.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Moogie said...

That is one of the hardest things to do. At least for me. I think you did the right thing. When I write posts like that, but don't post them on the blog, I sometimes save them in a word file.

Thanks for stopping by. I really missed you.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger R.Powers said...

I just write about the stupid things I do and nobody gets hurt. Very commendable of you to erase.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

that was thoughtful, most of the time we don't think before we speak, you are very wise!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home