Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Bad Night

Bad night last night.

After going to bed at 11 p.m., I dreamed that I was in some government office, (Department of Motor Vehicles, I.R.S., Electric Authority, something of the sort) where I filled out some long form with tiny print.

Had to fill the thing out while standing at a tall counter with poor lighting. I could not understand the form and couldn’t see to read what all those little boxes said. All the while, some officious clerk rushed me to hurry.

This dream disturbed me. Feeling pressured, I woke up at 11:45.

Got up. Pissed. Ate two bowls of Cheerios. Since I was wide awake anyhow, I worked for a couple of hours editing the Stacy Letters.

I wanted to be fresh and alert for my lecture on Jax history tonight – but all the people will get is me mumbling in a stupor. At least, I'll have the Civil War sword, the paleo-Indian blade, the Titanic newspaper, the WWI autilery shell, and such to show them. My speeches are always extentions of kindergarten "Show & Tell" exercises.

As Ginny got in the car to drive to work this morning she told me, “God’s in His Heaven – He knows where He’s not wanted – and all’s screwed up in the world”.

,


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 8:02 AM

1 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Deep thoughts from Ginny! Wow. I'll be chewing on THAT all day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home