Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Saturday, February 21, 2009

Important Medical Information

Friday, Dr. Woody entered the exam room laughing with my x-ray in his hand.

“I’ve found the trouble,” he said, “Your right leg is being held onto your body by a safety pin”.

Oh, Crap!

What happened is… 60 years ago my mother told me to always wear clean underwear in case I was ever in an accident and had to be taken to the hospital.

I do wear clean underwear… but I wear it a long time. In fact some underwear in my dresser hangs in tatters. So what? Who in the world is ever going to see my underwear?.

However, I keep one newish pair which I never wear except when I go for a doctor’s appointment. I wash that pair immediately after each doctor’s visit to keep it whiteish, To mark this pair in the washer and separate it from all my others, I keep a safety pin in the waistband.

For my x-ray, I had to dress in this frontless/backless hospital gown thing. Ladies were present so I kept my underpants on.

I heard the doctor and the x-ray technician out in the hall laughing like crazy.

My safety pin showed up brilliantly on the film.

Ever notice? The Lord Jesus may save us from our sin, but He does little to protect our dignity.

At Dr. Woody’s office I encountered three physicians, the x-ray technician, and six or eight nurses.

And I learned one important bit of medical information:

One of the sweet young lovelies who worked on me wore this smock, material printed with cartoon characters.

Her smock gapes open a tiny bit at the neck.

She wears a fetching black lace bra.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:06 AM

3 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

John you are incorrigible!!

And very funny :-)

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Grace said...

Hi, it is my first visit in here and I want to say that you got a cool blog in here.
Have a happy weekend. :)

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Alicia The Snowflake said...

Too funny! Sounds like she might need to use a safety pin :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home