Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Thursday, November 27, 2008

One Thing I Like

On one hand, the Scripture says that the Lord maketh His servants flames of fire.

Blazing flames of fire.

Maybe I’m thinking too much in terms of the book on the history of our Jacksonville Fire Department I wrote recently, but I can’t help noticing that flames of fire often get hosed.

That’s the way of the world.

On the other hand, the Scripture says that Jesus will does not snap off a bruised reed, nor does He snuff out a smoldering wick.

In other words, Jesus does not kick you when you’re already down.

As one of the smoldering wicks in this world, that’s one thing I really like about Jesus.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 5:41 AM

1 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Jellyhead said...

May your smouldering wick re-ignite into flames of contentment, confidence and moments of pure joy.

I read your blog because I believe you are a good and wise man, just as you are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home