Rabid Fun

John Cowart's Daily Journal: A befuddled ordinary Christian looks for spiritual realities in day to day living.


Friday, May 12, 2006

On A Happier Note:

When Ginny opened her fortune cookie at the office lunch table yesterday, the message thrilled her. She passed it around among co-workers resulting in giggles, titillation and a touch of envy among the ladies.

Note: Guys, if you try this make sure the cookie message is G-Rated for public display — as was the tasteful, dignified yet salacious fortune I wrote.

For the past week or so I’ve written a lot about pain, suffering, anquish, misery, and death. I still have a bit to say about the subject but it can wait another day or two.

It’s time for some joy.

There’s this guy in England, Pete, who has written a terrific essay on thanksgiving and joy in his May 8th posting at http://3cephas-notes.blogspot.com/2006/05/philippians-11-11-thanks-and-joy.html .

He starts off with this great joke (which I envy) about the missionary’s horse.

I don’t know much about Pete. I got to his posting via his daughter’s blog. As I recall Karen was the first person to ever make a comment on one of my entries.

An amazing thing about Pete’s posting on joy is that he wrote it within days of his father’s funeral.

If you’d like to know more about joy, his post is well worth reading.


Please, visit my website for more www.cowart.info and feel free to look over and buy one of my books www.bluefishbooks.info
posted by John Cowart @ 6:38 AM

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Seeker said...

Thanks. I'm going over there now to check it out.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger The MacBean Gene said...

That guy Pete sure puts things in a way that makes one think. It's wonderful thing the many ways Christs message can be revealed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home